Good news! We have just released a new version of KATSANA Track vehicle tracking app for iOS. The new version contains this long-awaited feature, which is ability to immobilize vehicle from within the app itself.
Immobiliser is useful for several use-cases:
- When the vehicle is parked in an area unfamiliar to you, enabling immobilizer prevents thieves from cranking up the vehicle.
- Similarly, if you are leaving the vehicle for a prolonged period (holiday, outstation work, etc), immobilizing the car gives you a peace of mind.
- If the worst comes to the worst with the car being stolen, you will be able to use immobilizer feature to shut down the car while is being driven. As a precaution, we advise you to only send the immobilize command when the car is stationary (or at low speed).
Immobilizer command in detail
Depending on the state of the vehicle, KATSANA will rely on two methods to shut down the vehicle.
- Active: If the beacon is currently connected to the KATSANA Platform, pressing on immobilize button will give an immediate response as the command is relayed directly to the car via data connection.
- Inactive: If the beacon is not connected to the Platform (out of coverage or device is asleep), KATSANA will revert to SMS command to the device. It will take up to 3 minutes for the command to reach the car.
Take note that in both cases, Katsana require connectivity to be present for the immobilizer command to work. If the vehicle is outside of GSM coverage, delivery of the command will fail.
I dont have vehicle immobilizer feature installed. How do I upgrade?
Vehicle immobilizer is a paid-upgrade. To have ability to immobilize your vehicle, please be in touch with our sales team or simply submit an upgrade request in the app. You are then required to bring the vehicle to KATSANA HQ to equip it with necessary hardware.