As the COVID-19 pandemic eases, we are seeing a growing number of vehicles on the road. In preparation for the increased traffic and anticipating higher accidents on the roads, Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia (LLM) has stepped up preparedness in emergency and accident management on all 30 highways in Malaysia. Adapting to the nationwide initiative, LITRAK (Lingkaran Trans Kota Holdings Berhad) incorporated KATSANA® Fleet GPS solutions to bring innovation to its roadside assistance services; thus making the roads safer for drivers.
KATSANA® has transformed and modernized operations of 3,600+ companies with actionable data direct from the ground, enabling time-sensitive decisions to be made.
Before KATSANA®, LITRAK had already established the process flow and schedule for patrolling their highways. However, they constantly struggled to measure the highway patrol teams of their road rule and company compliance, no visibility of the movement of vehicles, and delayed responses to emergency incidents. On top of that, they also had to deal with driver misconduct proven to cause constraints on operation costs.
With KATSANA® Fleet GPS, LITRAK is able to precisely monitor the location & status of its highway patrol teams and increase their emergency response rate through the centralized Fleet Operation platform. Simultaneously, the system also helps to improve driver behavior & on-the-job performance while reducing LITRAK’s operation costs.
Getting to know LITRAK & SPRINT
Lingkaran Trans Kota Sdn. Bhd. (LITRAK) is the highway concessionaire for Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP). It has been operating since the completion of the highway construction in 1996; providing the public with ease of traveling within Klang Valley. On top of that, LITRAK also provides 24-hour highway patrol and towing services to assist road users in emergencies.
Its highway service extends to SPRINT Expressway, connecting the Kerinchi Link, Damansara Link, and Penchala Link. LITRAK acquired 50% stake of Sistem Penyuraian Trafik KL Barat Sdn. Bhd. (SPRINT) as its associate company in 1998. SPRINT was a government initiative to ease traffic flow in and around the city of Kuala Lumpur.
The partnership between LITRAK and KATSANA® Fleet Management Services Sdn Bhd
The partnership saw Lingkaran Trans Kota Sdn. Bhd. (LITRAK) incorporating KATSANA® Fleet Services with aligned objectives of keeping the roads safer in Malaysia.
I am happy with the service KATSANA® provided for us at LITRAK. We recorded noticeable improvements in fleet operations ever since we started using the KATSANA® Fleet GPS system on our patrol motorcycles and tow trucks.
Head of Department (Traffic Safety Dept)
LITRAK & SPRINT
Cloud-based and user-friendly Fleet Management platform
At KATSANA®, we believe that functionality and simplicity should come together to ensure seamless collaboration on fleet operations. Our fleet management platform has helped our many clients easily handle fleet-related tasks anytime and anywhere via web and smartphone apps.
Proven track records of improving fleet operations
KATSANA® has helped more than 3000+ Malaysian businesses to transform their fleet operations. These businesses reported positive outcomes in their operations and overall company performance upon implementation of the fleet management system.
Dedicated team of customer support
KATSANA® consists of professionals with years of experience managing clients in the fleet management industry. In fact, we provide customers with thorough training and support to ensure they get to experience the full benefit of the system.
Lingkaran Trans Kota Sdn. Bhd. (LITRAK)’ Objective and Challenges
LITRAK was looking for a comprehensive fleet management system that:
1. Gives visibility on all on-ground operations: This is to ensure patrolling officers conducted all traffic activities according to road rules and company compliance. They were also looking to identify the severity of each incident, which could lead to delayed responses to deploy special reinforcements to assist road users in need.
2. Driver management and behaviour monitoring: Managing a fleet of drivers without a proper fleet GPS system can be difficult for any company that deals with large number of fleets. Hence, it is crucial for LITRAK to have visibility on their drivers’ behaviour during patrolling activities or attending emergency events
3. Reduce fuel cost and unauthorized use of vehicle: Before onboarding KATSANA, LITRAK was using multiple systems and spreadsheets to manage its fleets and drivers. They require a system that can help set parameters to each vehicle for monitoring and safety purposes. They were also looking at controlling their fuel consumption, increasing employee productivity
4. Accessibility to data across relevant departments: LITRAK requires a centralized fleet management platform that allows seamless collaboration between its fleet managers, fleet administrators, patrol drivers, etc.
5. Greater efficiency: LITRAK was looking for stronger, data-informed decisions, such as precise data on fleet drivers and vehicles, and real-time understanding of fleet operability. KATSANA gave them the added advantage by increasing their level of insight and reporting through its cloud-based solution.
Solutions for Highway Operators
KATSANA® Fleet Management with Mobile Digital Video Recording (MDVR) Integration
Centralized platform for driver and vehicle monitoring
When our team met with the Traffic Safety Department from LITRAK, they were looking for a cloud-based fleet management systems that allows monitoring of drivers and vehicles monitoring in real-time. With KATSANA® Fleet Dashboard & Overview, fleet managers can now easily monitor and coordinate the entire fleet distributed across the highway.
The platform also allows fleet managers to view driving behavioral data directly. These insights help identify areas needing improvement and take actions towards rectification.
Real-time video streaming
KATSANA® MDVR solution provides safety fleet data including live videos, video trip history, events video playback, and driving behavior. From this data, LITRAK’s fleet managers can now ensure that their fleet drivers carry out their duties according to road rules and company compliance, concurrently used to protect their drivers, vehicles, and overall company reputation.
Geofencing fleet vehicles
KATSANA® Geofence can help a business improve safety, reduce costs, and increase productivity throughout its fleet.
Since LITRAK’s tow trucks and patrol motorcycles are currently equipped with the KATSANA® Fleet GPS System, it will alert fleet managers if any vehicles were to venture beyond the allowed parameters. They can also use this data to verify driver logs, eliminate unauthorized vehicle use, and prevent any vehicle from patrolling overlapping territories.
Benefits of Fleet GPS Tracking System
Get to know how KATSANA® can help you better manage your fleet to boost your business. Reach out to our friendly consultants or start your trial today!