Welcome, and Thank you for visiting Katsana!
Getting to Know You
We collect and store a wide variety of information you submit to Katsana or give us in the other ways described below. Some is personal information and some isn’t.
What Is “Personally Identifiable Information” (or PII)?
Information that identifies you, such as your name, email address or image, or that can be used to identify you when combined with other information, is “personally identifiable information.”
When do we ask for PII?
If you choose to register to use the Site, we may collect your name, email address, and date of birth during the registration process.
Katsana may ask you for other PII from time to time, such as contact information (like your mailing address and phone number), or demographic information (like your zip/postal code or region, hometown, gender, or education level). We may ask for this information from you in order for you to use the Site beyond just browsing, or for the purposes disclosed to you at the time such other PII is collected.
What Isn’t Personal Information?
Information we can gather from your visit that doesn’t identify you personally, like your IP address, your operating system, your browser type and language, the date and time of your visit, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the Site, your geographic region, the type of content you view, etc. We may do this by assigning your computer one or more cookies which may collect information about how you use Katsana; we may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons or cookies, which collect non-PII and track your use of our website.
Do I Have A Choice?
While you’re not required to provide PII to visit the Site, many of our cool features may not be available to you if you choose not to create an account with us or, at other times, not to provide requested information.
How Do We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect?
We use personally identifiable information collected through the Service and Apps for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Service or in the Apps. For example, we may use personally identifiable information we collect:
- to process and complete any transactions in connection with the Service and Apps;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Service and Apps;
- to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Service and App usage and trends;
- to personalize and improve the Service or Apps, and our users’ experiences with the Service and Apps (such as providing content or features that match interests), and to increase the Service’s or Apps’ functionality and user friendliness;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, additional information about our products and services and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Service or Apps. When sending marketing information about our services or products, we will only use your email address used during registration; we will not use other email addresses you may have provided to us, for instance in a feedback form, to send marketing emails;
- to notify you about important changes to the Service and Apps.
What Personally Identifiable Information Do We Share With Third-Parties?
We will not knowingly share the personally identifiable information we collect from you through the Service or Apps with third-parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Service or Apps. For example, we may share personally identifiable information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers such as a credit card processing company to bill you for services, a forum provider for hosting our public forums, and an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf (“Service Providers”). When you sign up for our services we will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service.;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Service or Apps that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests or legal authorities including, but not limited to, responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pixelated LLP, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third-parties or the public including, but not limited to, protecting Pixelated LLP or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Service or Apps;
- to enforce or apply this Policy, the Terms, or our other policies or agreements;
- and in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Pixelated LLP.
While Katsana has security measures to help protect the information under our control, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Katsana tries to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our systems, by maintaining physical, organisational and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such information) designed to protect it against unauthorised use, disclosure or access of the personal information we collect on this Site. However, we cannot ensure or warrant that any information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure and you do so at your own risk.
Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others. Although Katsana tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation. By using the Product, you agree that Katsana is not responsible if the storage equipment and services provided by others aren’t working like they are supposed to, and that you will have to seek any remedies from those providers, not Katsana.
Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, for the products and services that you are using, or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards, which meet these requirements. We destroy your personal information when it is no longer needed.